What are the massive changes to questing in ESO Update 40?
Are you ready for some exciting news about the upcoming changes to questing in Elder Scrolls Online? Update 40 is on the horizon, set to arrive in October for PC and around the middle of November for consoles. In this article, we will dive into the massive questing changes that are heading our way and why you should be excited about them.
Before we get into the details, let's take a moment to understand the current state of ESO questing. Many players, including myself, have completed every type of quest, from main quests to daily quests, side quests, event quests, and more. While these quests have offered rich storytelling, world-building, and lore, their rewards have often left much to be desired. Aside from some niche uses like farming specific leads, there has yet to be a compelling reason to engage in daily Fighters Guild and Mages Guild quests. That is all about to change with Update 40.
↖ New Rewards
With Update 40, daily questing is becoming more lucrative than ever before. Here are the key rewards that will make you excited to embark on daily quests:
- Companion Gear: Companion gear is the talk of the town. As ESO continues to introduce new companions, players are eager to customize and equip them. Companion gear, with its unique traits and builds, will become highly sought after and can be a lucrative source of income for players.
- Overland Set Gear: When you take on a daily quest, the rewards will now include Overland Set Gear from the zone associated with the quest. This change means that daily questing can help you obtain gear sets specific to certain regions, opening up more opportunities for diverse character builds.
- Ornate Gear: Ornate gear drops will be part of the quest rewards. Ornate gear can be sold for more eso gold, making daily quests a viable eso gold making strategy for players.
- Deconstructable Equipment: Daily quests will provide deconstructable equipment, which is particularly interesting. This equipment will prioritize traits you still need to research or, if you've researched all traits, will prioritize intrinsic traits. While this might raise thoughts of possible exploits, it's essential to note that this won't include Nernhold traits, so you can't farm those for profit.
- Guild Commendations: Daily quests will also yield Guild Commendations, which offer additional utility and possibilities for players to explore.
- Draugr Motif Style: There's even a chance to obtain the Draugr Motif Style, with an exceedingly rare chance at a whole motif book. Collectors and crafters will surely appreciate this addition.
- Crafting Materials: Depending on the quest, you can obtain random crafting materials, adding more variety to your crafting stockpile.
- Gear Types: Different daily quests will prioritize different gear types. For example, Fighter's Guild quests will prioritize heavy gear like axes and maces, while Mages Guild quests will focus on light armor and staffs.
↖ Quest Categories and Rewards
To better understand the rewards you can expect, let's break down quests into categories based on the amount of experience (XP) and gold they offer. Remember that the actual rewards will vary based on your character level.
High Gold and XP Rewards
- Zone Stories
- Main Stories
- Trial Quests
- Objective Point of Interest Quests
- Incursion Quests
- World Boss Dailies
- Dungeon Quests
- Dungeon Pledges
- Public Dungeon Quests
Standard Gold and XP Rewards
- Miscellaneous Zone Content Quests
- Fighters Guild Daily Quests
- Mages Guild Daily Quests
- Undaunted Daily Quests
- Delve Daily Quests
- Low XP Rewards: Event Quests
- Minimal Possible Gold and XP Rewards: Trivial and Vector Quests (mainly used for navigation)
- Minimum Possible XP, Maximum Possible Gold: Basic Crafting Writs
- Maximum Possible XP, Standard Gold: Master Crafting Writs, Cereal Quests (often overlooked but with decent rewards)
↖ Gold-Making Strategy
These changes indicate a promising shift towards questing as a viable gold-making strategy. Completing daily quests and crafting writs can become a steady income source for players who may not want to delve into the complexities of the ESO economy. The game's rich storytelling can now align with profitable gameplay, offering players an engaging way to earn while immersing themselves in the world of Tamriel.
Update 40 is shaping up to be a game-changer for ESO players. With these questing changes, players can look forward to more rewarding daily adventures, diverse gear sets, and a potential boost in their gold-making endeavours. We'll be closely monitoring these changes as they evolve on the PTS, and in the meantime, stay tuned for more in-depth coverage of other exciting features in Update 40.
Most Popular Posts
- ESO Necron Chapter: How to Unlock Exciting Rewards and earn Exclusive Treasures?
- ESO Necrom Chapter Best Classes For Solo PvE: Tier List and Ranking
- ESO Mythic Item: How to obtaining the Velothi Ur-Mage's Amulet?
- ESO Witches Festival 2023 Guide: Rewards and Activities
- ESO Magicka Arcanist PVE Builds: Low Cost, High DPS, Skills, Gear and Strategies
- ESO Necrom Update 38: What are the new changes?