NHL 24 All Dekes Complete Guide: Skill Stick & Total Control
With the introduction of Total Controls in NHL 24, Dekes has become more intuitive and accessible, yet mastering it requires practice and precision. In this tutorial, we will cover both the Total Controls and Skill Stick methods, providing clear instructions and tips to execute various dekes effectively.
↖ Total Control & Skill Stick
Before we start, it's crucial to understand the two control settings: Total Control and Skill Stick. Total Control offers an easier and more intuitive deking experience, whereas Skill Stick provides a more manual and precise control over your player's movements. Choose the one that best suits your playstyle.
Regardless of your control preference, the mechanics are similar. You pull back and launch into the player, focusing on proper timing and positioning. However, this new system introduces a risk/reward factor. A missed hit leaves you out of position, while a successful hit can lead to turnovers and counterattack opportunities.
With the Skill Stick, you can also perform a reverse hit by pressing X while in possession of the puck. Keep in mind, this works best with larger players. On Total Control, you achieve a reverse hit by pressing R3.
For those using Total Control, remember you can perform a normal hit by holding down the circle button. However, this requires taking your thumb off the stick, resulting in less control. For hip checks, press square on Total Control or L1 and R3 simultaneously on the Skill Stick.
↖ Basic Dekes
- Backhand Tuck: Hold the puck on your forehand, press LB + RB simultaneously, and then execute the tuck. Simple yet effective when done right.
- Forehand Tuck: Hold the puck on your backhand, press LB + RB simultaneously for a smooth forehand tuck.
- One-Handed Tuck (Total Controls): Approach the net, press and hold A, and release to execute a one-handed tuck.
↖ Intermediate Dekes
- Backhand Windmill: Hold the puck on your backhand, press LB, and move the right stick to the right for a sleek backhand windmill
- Forehand Windmill: Hold the puck on your forehand, press LB, and move the right stick to the left to execute the forehand windmill.
- Bank Pass: Press LB + RT simultaneously to bank the puck off the boards, creating space and gaining speed.
- Crosby (Bank Pass Behind the Net): Use the same controls as the bank pass, but execute it behind the net to maneuver around your opponent and create a scoring opportunity.
↖ Advanced Dekes
Behind the Back: Hold the puck on your forehand, hold RB, rotate the right stick to the left, and move the left stick inwards. Then, move both sticks outwards to execute this stylish deke.
Between the Legs Pass and Shot:
- Total Controls: Press B, then RT to pass; Press B, then move the right stick up to shoot.
- Skill Stick: Hold LB + down on the right stick, then press RT to pass; for a shot, move the right stick up.
Datsuk Flip and Shot:
- Total Controls: Press X, then RB for a flip; Press X, then move the right stick up for a shot.
- Skill Stick: Hold down the right stick, then press RB for a flip; for a shot, move the right stick up.
↖ Specialty Dekes
Jump Deke: Press LB and flick the right stick up to jump over a diving opponent.
Kucherov: Hold LB, move the left stick left, and the right stick right in a fluid motion to execute this deceptive deke.
- Total Controls: Circle behind the net and press Y.
- Skill Stick: Hold the puck on your forehand, hold LB, hold in the right stick, rotate it left, then right.
Lacrosse Pass (Zegras):
- Total Controls: Behind the net, press Y + RT.
- Skill Stick: Execute the Michigan setup, then press RT to pass.
One Touch Dekes:
- Backhand: Press LB and move the left stick right.
- Forehand: Press LB and move the left stick left.
Skate Kick: Hold LB and move the right stick down.
Through the Legs Deke: Hold the puck on your forehand, press LB, and rotate the right stick left.
Toe Drag: Hold the puck to your forehand and rotate the right stick to the left.
Toe Drag and Shot: Hold the puck on your forehand, rotate the right stick left for a toe drag; flick up for a shot.
Kyle Turris: Hold the puck on your forehand, hold LB, and move the right stick down.
Zetterberg: Hold the puck on your backhand, hold LB, move both sticks outwards, then inwards.
In conclusion, Mastering dekes in NHL 24 takes practice, but with this guide, you're well on your way to leaving defenders in the dust and impressing the crowd with your slick moves. Remember, practice makes perfect, and experimentation is key. Try out different dekes in various in-game situations to find what works best for you.
Most Popular Posts
- NHL 24 Best Setting and Strategies Guide: You Need To Know
- NHL 24 Guide: Rivals Rewards, Hut Game Day Cards and More
- NHL 24: All Team Tier List and Ranking 2024
- NHL 24 Play Test: How to register and participate?
- NHL 24 All Dekes Complete Guide: Skill Stick & Total Control
- NHL 24 Anticipated: Release, Potential Cover, and New Features