How to get Unusual Coins and other currencies for crafting Legendary Armor in Guild Wars 2?
Hey, Tyrians! If you are running around like a headless chicken to gather those shiny Unusual Coins among others for the spanking new Legendary Obsidian Armor in Guild Wars 2, worry not! This guide will walk you through farming with some pro tips that will make your money bags go ching-ching really fast.
- The Legendary Obsidian Armor Chase
- Daily Meta Events
- Pro Farming Route for Unusual Coins
- Skywatch Route
- Amnoon Oasis
- Other Methods to Rack Up Coins
- Reward Tracks
- The Bottom Line
↖ The Legendary Obsidian Armor Chase
First things first, the Obsidian Armor is not just a fashion statement but a badge of honor. And if you are eyeing any one of the sets, it is about time you started farming for these currencies because they are not a joke. They are as time-gated as Skritts in treasure rooms.
↖ Daily Meta Events
These include skywatch, amnoon oasis and istan meta. Each of these legendary pieces requires an amazing minimum sum of 250 currencies plus a more advanced version for each armor part. And we have six here–head, chest, shoulders, pants and boots. Totaling to 9,000 currencies per set!
↖ Pro Farming Route for Unusual Coins
Now let us talk about the real MVPs—Greater Arcane Chests. With each drop having between seven to ten Unusual Coins and they are available daily. At first they may seem overwhelming when spread across maps but with my route you'll be drowning in coins.
↖ Skywatch Route
Begin at Dusklight Waypoint and hike your way up north on your Griffon. Have your Griffin ready because you will need to jump from one chest to another. Collect magic orbs along the way for extra currency but keep an eye on the cap—once you hit experience gains only, you're done for the day.
Pro Tip: Get Prototype Position Rewinder from Soren Draa heart vendor – it's a lifesaver when your jumps fail.
↖ Amnoon Oasis
Amnoon's chests are a piece of cake compared to Skywatch. Just glide from one to another and before you know it, you'll have all the coins you need.
↖ Other Methods to Rack Up Coins
- Rifts and Achievements: While they can be somewhat boring, finishing Rifts and some achievements may earn you coins consistently.
- Lesser Arcane Chests: They may not drop as many coins as their greater counterparts, but they're still worth the trouble if you stumble upon them.
↖ Reward Tracks
Do not forget about reward tracks in WvW and PvP. These can be a gold mine for currencies if played right. Keep an eye out for special events that can speed up your progress.
↖ The Bottom Line
Acquiring Unusual Coins and other GW2 currencies for Legendary Obsidian Armor is not walk in the park. It will take dedication and some strategy but soon enough, you will be wearing legendary gear that fast. Stay tuned for more tips about effective farming and other GW2 content.
And there it is! Your all-encompassing guide to farming those Unusual Coins and currencies in Guild Wars 2. Add any other tricks or methods we missed in the comments below? Till we meet again, happy hunting and may the loot be legendary!
Most Popular Posts
- Guild Wars 2 Hidden Areas: Top 10 Best Adventure and Wonder
- Guild Wars 2 Every Class 2024 Guide: How to Pick the Right For You?
- Top 14 MMOs With The Most Active Players in 2024
- Top 5 Best Maps For Casual Players in Guild Wars 2, 2024
- How to get Unusual Coins and other currencies for crafting Legendary Armor in Guild Wars 2?